SEVEN SEAS ONE A DAY CAPSULES 60S
It contains Cod liver oil which has Vitamins A and D.
Vitamin A is an antioxidant that maintains healthy eyes and skin.It is vital for growth and development, cell recognition, vision, immune function, and reproduction and helps the heart, lungs, and kidneys.
Vitamin D increases the uptake of calcium in the body which is necessary for strong bones. Cod liver oil is also naturally rich in two essential omega-3 fatty acids ? DHA and EPA, which helps to maintain the body?s metabolism and circulation as well as maintain overall health.It helps with normal brain development,heart health,allergy and asthma as well as fatigue.
They are widely distributed in nature, being important constituents of animal lipid metabolism, and they play an important role in the human diet and in human physiology.They are commonly found in plant oils and and from marine animals.Other sources of omega 3 include fish and eggs from chicken fed on DHA and EPA sources.Humans and other mammals are unable to synthesize omega 3 and can only be obtained through diet.
Seven seas is a rich source of omega 3 which has many benefits to the body:
Omega 3 may improve heart health by:
- Decreasing triglycerides–High triglycerides may contribute to hardening of the arteries or thickening of the artery walls (arteriosclerosis) ? which increases the risk of stroke, heart attack and heart disease. Extremely high triglycerides can also cause acute swelling of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Lowering blood pressure slightly
- Reducing blood clotting-Omega 3 leads to reduced risk of blood clots because it helps prevent blood platelets from clumping together.Caution should be observed if you are taking anticoagulants.Talk to your pharmacist if you are on anticoagulants such as warfarin,xarelto,heparin and others.
- Decreasing your risk of strokes and heart failure risk.
- Reducing irregular heartbeats-People with higher-than-average levels of omega-3 fatty acids in their blood may be roughly 30 percent less likely than those with the lowest levels to develop arrhythmia.
ALLERGY AND ASTHMA
Eating more omega-3 fatty acids may improve resistance to asthma.Several studies have demonstrated that dietary omega-3 fatty acids improve asthma symptoms in children.By reducing eosinophil activities, omega-3 fatty acids may help maintain lung function and prevent symptoms of asthma and allergy, including coughing, sneezing, and runny noses.Eosinophils are a type of disease-fighting white blood cells which? indicates a parasitic infection or an allergic reaction.
Several studies have also showed that if pregnant women take omega 3 supplements , their children are less likely to develop asthma after birth.However, once asthma or an allergy has developed, it may take longer than 9 months of omega-3 fatty acid consumption to experience the health benefits.
The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil play important roles in brain function and development. There are also claims that fish oil can improve brain function in people with memory problems, such as those with Alzheimer’s disease or other cognitive impairments.Omega seem to have important roles in the developing baby?s brain. In fact, several studies have correlated pregnant women?s fish intake or fish oil use with higher scores for their children on tests of intelligence and brain function in early childhood
Omega 3 fatty acids are also vital for the maintenance of normal brain function throughout life. They are abundant in the cell membranes of brain cells, preserving cell membrane health and facilitating communication between brain cells.Low levels of omega-3s may accelerate brain aging and contribute to deficits in brain function.
Omega fatty acids have exhibited the ability to deal with fatigue.
One capsule once a day.It should be taken with a meal.
Talk to your pharmacist/Doctor if you are on anticoagulants-medicines that slows down the rate of blood coagulation.